Here is a short list of events for the next few weeks. Please add other events that you know of in the comments section.
- 5th Annual House Tour Of LBI. Saturday, September 16. 10am to 3pm.
Tour newly constructed homes on Long Beach Island — beach front and bay front. St. Francis Community Center, 47th Street and Long Beach Boulevard, Brant Beach, (609) 494-8861. Tickets are $35. Proceeds benefit programs and services offered at St. Francis Community Center.
- War on Trash. Saturdays, September 16 and September 23
Help clean up the Delaware River. Rain or Shine. More information at the Delaware River Journal.
- Gourmet Chefs in Designer Kitchens Tour. Saturday, September 16. 10:30am to 3pm.
Tour six kitchens in Toms River, Island Heights, Seaside Park and Bayville. Each home will have a local Chef who will prepare and serve a specialty from their area restaurant. Sponsored by the White Pine Twig of the Community Medical Center Auxiliary Association.
- Walking Tour: Broad Street Highlights. Thursday September 21. 1pm to 2:30pm.
Re-Discover Newark: Explore its architecture, history, and importance as an American city since 1666. Run by the New Jersey Historical Society. The tour is free.
- Lilac Restoration Project. Saturday, September 23. 10am.
The New Jersey Botanical Garden Lilac volunteers "invite you to a hands-on learning experience in the Lilac Garden with Dan Ryniec, Lilac Curator at Brooklyn Botanical Garden." Free.
- Colts Neck Kitchen Tour. Wednesday, September 27th 9:30-2:30.
Explore ten kitchens throughout Colts Neck. Complimentary wine and food sampling at Four JGs Vineyard (on Hillsdale Road) with chef Chris Brandl of Brandl Restaurant in Belmar as guest chef. Tickets are $45 each. Sponsored by the Colts Neck PTO.